When it comes to the world of information technology, there are few things as important as having a strong and effective Chief Information Officer (CIO). However, for small and medium businesses (SMBs), having a full-time CIO on staff can be prohibitively expensive. That’s where fractional CIO services come in.
With fractional CIO (fCIO) services (aka Virtaul CIO or vCIO), businesses can get all of the benefits of having a CIO on staff without breaking the bank. fCIOs are experienced professionals with a proven track record in IT management and development, who can help your business optimize its IT infrastructure, protect against cyberattacks, and more.
There are many benefits to using fCIO services. Here are just a few:
1. I.T. Strategy - A good CIO assesses your company's needs and develops strategies and plans to meet those needs and innovate where necessary.
2. Increase Efficiency - A CIO will help your business streamline its IT processes and improve internal and external communication.
3. Improve Security - A CIO will identify vulnerabilities and strengthen your company’s security posture to protect against cyberattacks.
4. Increase ROI - Fractional CIOs provide the benefits of full-time CIO without the high cost. Improved operations at lower costs equals increased ROI.
Why might you need CIO Services?
In our post 14 Reasons You Need To Get Virtual CIO Services For Your Business, we go in depth on the reasons and benefits of Virtual CIO services.
- Get Expert Advice
- Get a Fresh Perspective
- Innovative Ideas
- Proactive Network Maintenance
- Implement New Technology
- Ensure Compliance
- Disaster Management
- Data Integration and Management
- Planning an IT Budget
- Preparing for Audits
- Greater Opportunities
- Competitive Edge
What is a Virtual CIO?
A Virtual Chief Information Officer or a vCIO is a professional consultant who advises you on your technology strategy as a third party as opposed to an in-house CIO. It refers to an MSP employee that manages the IT infrastructure of the company and plans its growth.
By optimizing the company’s IT plan, a vCIO ensures that the overall business operations are running smoothly and according to the latest technological security standards.
vCIOs are a budget-friendly, versatile, and remote IT solution for businesses that need expert advice but don’t want to spend a fortune on an in-house CIO.
Our post "What is a Virtual CIO?" covers this topic in detail.
When Should You Look For a vCIO
You should hire a vCIO if you are facing any of the following:
- Poor strategy and planning within the department
- Poor data management and information security
- Lack of back-up and recovery plan
- Lack of resources to hire an in-house CIO
- Requirement of IT expertise and support
- Compliance issues
You can find out more in our post "What is a Virtual CIO?"
If you have questions or would like to discuss how a vCIO could help your company click below to schedule a call or give us a call at 301-798-9170.